Engineering Dropout To Entrepreneur: Believe in Yourself | Sibidharan |Black Sheep| Josh Talks Tamil - PsychologyTodayArticles

Latest Articles

Header Ads

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Engineering Dropout To Entrepreneur: Believe in Yourself | Sibidharan |Black Sheep| Josh Talks Tamil




Today, when we use the word hacking, it simply means gaining access, both wanted or unwanted, to a computer and viewing, copying, or creating data without leaving a trace.
Hacking is more than just a profession. It is fun. And this is what Sibidharan Nandhakumar, a self-taught hacker says. “Only few people take up a job in which they find fun and happiness. Hacking is my passion. But I also develop software for mobile phone OS like Android, iOS and also for Windows and OS X. A software developed by a hacker is impenetrable,” he says.
Early start
Sibidharan developed an interest in hacking when he was young. “I loved playing computer games, Age of Empires II being my favourite. But at that stage, I was tired of scoring gold cards to continue the game. There were options where I could apply cheat codes to get 1,000 and 2,000 gold cards. That’s when I attempted to exploit the RAM and changed the values directly. I managed to keep my gold at a maximum. That is how I began researching and I learnt several things. Gauging my interest, my parents bought me a Personal Computer and then, there was no looking back,” he adds.
Sibidharan began to learn hacking on his own. Hacking, he says, is an art and so, practise is essential. He says one should explore technologies. Attending courses can make you professional security engineer, not a hacker. “I would define a hacker, as an expert software programmer who knows how technology works, and can figure out ways to break them, as well as fix them,” he adds.
“I suggest learning C Programming, and then Java, to learn networking concepts. Choice of Operating System is another factor. I suggest Linux, as a starter. Ubuntu is also a great OS to work on. One must be bold and take risks too. To hone your skills, you can also pursue courses like “Penetration Testing with Kali Linux-Certified Ethical Hacker” by Offensive Security.
As a professional hacker, Sibidharan’s day is exciting. “It’s intimidating, exhilarating, sometimes even discouraging, but always challenging. I have a simple rule — start early and finish things quickly. Breaking the login security of the Microsoft’s Windows 10 computer in less than 30 seconds, is something I am proud of.
Sibidharan’s software company, Blovia Technologies was launched in September, last year. It is a mobile Software Development Company and Cyber Security R&D company, with the tagline, “We turn your idea into code”.
His advice to aspiring hackers is be careful and hack only for the betterment of humanity.

1 comment:

  1. very inspirational..do more speeches on colleges as it would be motivating for many students

    ReplyDelete