Ten essential principles for life from Chuck Feeney, the Duty Free empire founder - PsychologyTodayArticles

Latest Articles

Header Ads

Saturday 15 December 2018

Ten essential principles for life from Chuck Feeney, the Duty Free empire founder


Chuck Feeney, the founder of the Duty Free Shoppers Group, is no public figure — some might not even know his name and what he is famous for. Mr. Feeney has given away his entire $7.5 billion fortune to charity and he doesn’t own a car or a home; he wears a 15-dollar Casio watch and shabby clothes. He could easily be mistaken for a tourist on vacation. Since the 1980s, he has given away his fortune to humanitarian and educational causes, thus dedicating his life to helping people throughout the world.
We decided to share with you this great philanthropist’s pearls of wisdom that reflect his attitude toward both money and life in general.
  1. I became convinced that there was greater satisfaction from giving my money away and seeing something come out of the ground, like a hospital, for example. It just seemed logical to put the money to good use rather than putting it into a bank account and letting it accumulate and accumulate.
  2. I don’t dislike money, but there’s only so much money you can use.
  3. Don’t wait until you’re dead to become a donor. Your money won’t be able to help people until you give it away, so give it away while you’re alive. Plus, it’s fun and rewarding to see your donation in action.
  4. People who have money have an obligation. I wouldn’t say I’m entitled to tell them what to do with it other than to use it wisely.
  5. I have no yacht because I get seasick easily.
  6. What’s the point of business class if it won’t help me get to my destination any quicker?
  7. If I can get a watch for $15 that keeps perfect time, what am I doing messing around with a Rolex?
  8. When you have a lot of money, you should deal with big problems. And even if the risk of failure is high, you should still deal with them.
  9. There are no failures. One resolved problem will make the lives of millions easier.
  10. I guess I’m happy when what I’m doing is helping people and unhappy when what I’m doing isn’t helping people.


Source: Brightside.me

No comments:

Post a Comment